Juniata Valley YMCA Lifeguard Training
This American Red Cross (ARC) course combines online learning with on-site skills sessions where participants practice skills and demonstrate competency. Participants must provide a valid email address and have access to the internet in order to receive an email that will provide instructions and a direct web link to the specific online course. Participants must be at least 15 years old before the last scheduled class session; pass a prerequisite skills evaluation; attend and participate in all class sessions, demonstrate competency in all required skills and activities, demonstrate competency in all required final rescue skill scenarios, and pass each section of the written exams. Upon successful completion, participants receive a Digital Certificate for Lifeguard/First Aid/CPR/AED valid for 2 years
Date: Nov 5, 6, 7, 2021
Times Friday night 5:30-9pm, Saturday and Sunday 9am to 6:30pm
Location: Juniata Valley YMCA 105 1st Ave, Burnham, PA 17009
1. Swim 300 yards continuously demonstrating breath control and rhythmic breathing. Candidates may swim using the front crawl, breaststroke or a combination of both but swimming on the back or side is not allowed. Swim goggles may be used.
2. Tread water for 2 minutes using only the legs. Candidates should place their hands under the armpits.
3. Complete a timed event within 1 minute, 40 seconds.
● Starting in the water, swim 20 yards. The face may be in or out of the water. Swim goggles are not allowed.
● Surface dive, feet-first or head-first, to a depth of 7 to 10 feet to retrieve a 10-pound object.
● Return to the surface and swim 20 yards on the back to return to the starting point with both hands holding the object and keeping the face at or near the surface so they are able to get a breath. Candidates should not swim the distance under water.
● Exit the water without using a ladder or steps
Refund Policy https://www.echsafety.com/refund-policy.html