Lifeguard Training at Karakung Swim Club
The primary purpose of the American Red Cross Lifeguarding course is to provide entry-level lifeguard participants with the knowledge and skills to prevent, recognize and respond to aquatic emergencies and to provide professional-level care for breathing and cardiac emergencies, injuries and sudden illnesses until emergency medical services (EMS) personnel take over. This program offers a choice of Lifeguarding/First Aid/CPR/AED courses to meet the various training needs of a diverse audience.
Prerequisites Candidates must:
1. Be at least 15 years old on or before the final scheduled session of the course.
2. Swim 300 yards, continuously demonstrating breath control and rhythmic breathing. Candidates may swim using the front crawl, breaststroke or a combination of both, but swimming on the back or side is not allowed. Swim goggles may be used.
3. Tread water for 2 minutes, using only the legs. Candidates should place their hands under the armpits.
4. Complete a timed event within 1 minute, 40 seconds:
▪ Starting in the water, swim 20 yards. Swim goggles are not allowed.
▪ Surface dive, feet-first or headfirst, to a depth of 7 to 10 feet to retrieve a 10-pound object.
▪ Return to the surface and swim 20 yards on the back to return to the starting point with both hands holding the object and keeping the face at or near the surface so they are able to get a breath.
▪ Exit the water without using a ladder or steps.
Karakung Swim Club
1800 Karakung Dr
Ardmore, PA 19003
Friday May 20, 2022
Saturday May 21, 2022
Sunday May 22, 2022
Friday 5:30pm to 8:30
Saturday 9:00am to 6:00pm
Sunday 9:00am to 6:00pm
Question contact Dan Castagna at 484-478-2642 or email Dan@echsafety.com
Refund Policy https://www.echsafety.com/refund-policy.html