Fawn Lake Forest Lifeguard Training
The purpose of the American Red Cross Lifeguarding Instructor course is to train instructor candidates to teach the basic-level American Red Cross Lifeguarding Course.
Prerequisites Candidates must:
1. Be at least 15 years old on or before the final scheduled session of the course.
2. Swim 300 yards, continuously demonstrating breath control and rhythmic breathing. Candidates may swim using the front crawl, breaststroke or a combination of both, but swimming on the back or side is not allowed. Swim goggles may be used.
3. Tread water for 2 minutes, using only the legs. Candidates should place their hands under the armpits.
4. Complete a timed event within 1 minute, 40 seconds:
▪ Starting in the water, swim 20 yards. Swim goggles are not allowed.
▪ Surface dive, feet-first or headfirst, to a depth of 7 to 10 feet to retrieve a 10-pound object.
▪ Return to the surface and swim 20 yards on the back to return to the starting point with both hands holding the object and keeping the face at or near the surface so they are able to get a breath.
▪ Exit the water without using a ladder or steps.
Friday April 28, 2023 from 5:00 pm to 9:30pm
Saturday April 29, 2023 from 8:00 am to 6:30 pm
Sunday April 30, 2023 from 8:00 am to 6:30pm
Fawn Lake Forest
113 Bay Center Circle
Hawley, PA 18428
Question Call: Daniel Castagna at 484-478-2642 or email Dan@echsafety.com
Refund policy https://www.echsafety.com/refund-policy.html