United Cerebral Palsy June 2-4, 2023
Prerequisites Candidates must:
1. Be at least 15 years old on or before the final scheduled session of the course.
2. Swim 300 yards, continuously demonstrating breath control and rhythmic breathing. Candidates may swim using the front crawl, breaststroke or a combination of both, but swimming on the back or side is not allowed. Swim goggles may be used.
3. Tread water for 2 minutes, using only the legs. Candidates should place their hands under the armpits.
4. Complete a timed event within 1 minute, 40 seconds:
▪ Starting in the water, swim 20 yards. Swim goggles are not allowed.
▪ Surface dive, feet-first or headfirst, to a depth of 7 to 10 feet to retrieve a 10-pound object.
▪ Return to the surface and swim 20 yards on the back to return to the starting point with both hands holding the object and keeping the face at or near the surface so they are able to get a breath.
▪ Exit the water without using a ladder or steps.
Upon Registering, candidates will receive their online assessment that MUST be completed prior to attending session 1.
Upon registering please see your receipt to complete the online assessment!
Friday June 2, 2023 from 5:30pm to 8:30pm
Saturday June 3, 2023 from 9am to 5:30pm
Sunday June 4, 2023 from 9am to 5:30pm
United Cerebral Palsy
700a River Road
Wilmington, DE 19809