Chichester Lifeguard Review Course April 13, 2024
To maintain the Lifeguarding certification, a currently certified lifeguard must successfully complete the American Red Cross Lifeguarding Recertification course or the full Lifeguarding course again prior to certificate expiration. A 30-day grace period may apply but it does not extend the certification beyond the 2 years. Once the Lifeguarding certification is expired, a participant must successfully complete the American Red Cross Lifeguarding course.
Complete a swim-tread-swim sequence without stopping to rest:
▪ Jump into the water and totally submerge, resurface then swim 150 yards using the front crawl, breaststroke or a combination of both. (Swimming on the back or side is not permitted. Swim goggles are allowed)
▪ Maintain position at the surface of the water for 2 minutes by treading water using only the legs
▪ Swim 50 yards using the front crawl, breaststroke or a combination of both
Complete a timed event within 1 minute, 40 seconds:
▪ Starting in the water, swim 20 yards. (The face may be in or out of the water. Swim goggles are not allowed)
▪ Surface dive (feet-first or head-first) to a depth of 7 – 10 feet to retrieve a 10-pound object
Surface dive (feet-first or head-first) to a depth of 7 – 10 feet to retrieve a 10-pound object.
▪ Return to the surface and swim 20 yards on the back to return to the starting point, holding the object at the surface with both hands and keeping the face out at or near the surface.
▪ Exit the water without using a ladder or steps.
Note: If the Lifeguarding course includes training for the Waterfront Skills module, additional prerequisite swimming distances and skills are required. See the Waterfront Skills Module Fact Sheet for more information.
Chichester High School
3333 Chichester Ave
Boothwyn, PA 19061
Date: April 13, 2024
Times: 9:00am to 7:00pm
ECHS doesn't not supply adult and pediatric CPR Mask. Candidate must provide their own adult and pediatric CPR Mask or purchase one upon registration.
Question contact Dan Castagna at 484-478-2642 or email Dan@echsafety.com
Refund Policy https://www.echsafety.com/refund-policy.html