Lansdale YMCA Lifeguard Instructor May 11 & 12, 2024
The purpose of the American Red Cross r. 24 Lifeguarding Instructor course is to train instructor candidates to teach the basic-level courses in the American Red Cross Lifeguarding program.
▪ Be at least 17 years old on or before the final scheduled session of the Lifeguarding
▪ Possess a current basic-level certification in American Red Cross Lifeguarding (Including Deep Water) with CPR/AED for Professional Rescuers and First Aid. (Note: r.17 Lifeguarding certification accepted)
▪ Obtain instructor and participant course materials before starting the course.
▪ Successfully complete the online session of the Lifeguarding Instructor course prior to the precourse session.
▪ Successfully complete the prerequisite skill assessment scenario to continue in the course.
The prerequisite skill assessment scenario evaluates the following skills:
o Swimming approach
o Surface dive in deep water (7 to 10 feet)
o Passive submerged rescue
o Rapid extrication (with an assisting rescuer)
o Rapid assessment o Single-rescuer CPR (3 minutes)
You will also be expected to complete two practice teaching assignments on the last day of class.
Location: Lansdale YMCA 608 E. Main Street. Lansdale, PA 19446
Date: May 11 & 12, 2024
Times: 8:00am to 6:00pm each day
Question contact Dan Castagna at 484-478-2642 or email Dan@echsafety.com
Refund Policy https://www.echsafety.com/refund-policy.html